Google+ has been live for half a year now and although I still use the service regularly, it has come to my attention that some people would like to remove or delete their Google+ account without deleting access to your other Google services.
After searching for tutorials on deleting Google+ accounts, I realized that the current tutorials are a bit out of date so I decided to make things easier and provide an updated guide on removing Google+ from your Google account.
If you’re just frustrated with Google+, you may want to check out some of my Google+ tutorials before deleting your account!
How to Delete / Remove Google+ Without Deleting Your Entire Google Account:
- Sign into your Google+ account, click on the gear icon at the top right of your screen and then click on “Google+ Settings“.
- Click on the “Account Overview” section.
- Find the “Services” section and click on “Delete profile and remove associated Google+ features“.
- On the following screen select the first option, “Delete Google+ Account” to delete just your Google+ account – select the second option if you would like to delete your entire Google profile.
- Click on “Remove Selected Services” and enjoy not having Google+ anymore!
Anson Alexander is a graduate from the University of Tampa with a degree in International Business and Information Systems.A previous IT Administrator for a medium size publication company, Anson has recently decided to work full time on his own business by publishing on AnsonAlex.com, publishing technology tutorials on YouTube and offering SEO, IT training and digital marketing services.His main interests include technology, social media, infographics, economics, marketing and web design.Connect with Anson on Google+.