How reliant are people in the 21st century on electronic devices and systems?
That is a question that is becoming increasingly important in our modern digital world. An infographic was recently released by OnlineSchools.org that gives us some insight into exactly how dependent we really are on our digital devices.
Although a list of references is provided at the bottom of the infographic, it would be nice if there was some more specific information on how many people were involved in the study and what the demographics of those people were.
Regardless, the infographic provides some very interesting statistics!
The infographic is posted below but first, here are some of the highlights:
- 35% of smartphone users turn their phone on before getting out of bed.
- 64% of “young people” have texted while driving- dangerous!
- 70% of students take notes in class on their computer.
- 40% of people use their phones while in the bathroom.
- 1 out of every 2 Americans prefers communicating through a electronic device instead of face-to-face- sad!
- 60% of television viewers use a computer while they’re watching TV.
- 83% of young people sleep next to their phones.