As the internet continues to evolve, the usage of video and video chat services is increasing at a steady rate – especially online video usage among teens.
Video is currently one of the most advanced forms of rich media content available and most internet researchers and experts will tell that the future of the web lies virtually 100% in the hands of video.
As with most aspects of technology, younger users and teens are usually the first to adopt new and cutting edge technologies.
See Also: College Sexting Statistics 2012 [Infographic]
An infographic (posted below) was recently published by OnlineCollege.org based on a study by the Pew Internet & American Life Project that provides us with details and statistics regarding the online video usage of teens.
The study was conducted on nearly 800 teens between the ages of 12-17. 95% of the teenagers surveyed claimed to be internet users.
Highlights of the Online Video Usage Statistics Among Teens Infographic:
- 37% of teens surveyed use video chat.
- 27% of teens surveyed record and upload video.
- 13% of teens surveyed stream live video for others to watch.
- Girls (42%) are more likely to use video chat than boys (33%).
- Race and ethnicity does is not a factor in regards to video usage among teens.
- Video usage among teens increase with age.
- Teens from high-income families are more likely to use video chat while teens from low-income families are more likely to stream live video.
- Teens from urban, suburban and rural communities are all equally likely to use online video services.
- Teens whose parents went to college are more likely to use video chat.
- Teens who use social media are more likely to usage video chat than those who don’t.
Click on the infographic below for the full size version.
Anson has been publishing to AnsonAlex.com since early 2011 and has recently opened an AnsonAlex.com headquarters office to focus on the brand full time.
Anson specializes in providing software and technology tutorials in both print and video format. With hundreds of tutorials published on AnsonAlex.com, Anson has also authored and recorded a course for Lynda.com as well as other media companies.
Anson has a degree in International Business and Information Systems from the University of Tampa and also enjoys enjoys traveling and gaming.
Please send business inquires to webmaster@AnsonAlex.com
Also connect with Anson on Google+.