As Twitter continues to be considered one of the most popular social media platforms available on the web, it becomes increasingly important to understand the usage statistics of Twitter.
Understanding statistical information related to Twitter users can help internet marketers, bloggers, organizations and social media enthusiasts in their online endeavors.
Social media is becoming a primary marketing tool and Twitter is at the front of the pack in terms of making content “go viral”.
The infogaphic provides us with information such as how many people are using Twitter, what people are using Twitter for, how often they “tweet” and demographic information about Twitter users.
Twitter Usage Statistics 2012 Infographic Highlights:
- Twitter has over 100 million active users.
- 50% of active Twitter users sign in daily.
- Over 250 million “tweets” are posted daily.
- There are significantly more female Twitter users than male.
- In December of 2009 an event in Japan created a short phenomenon, and record, of over 25,000 tweets per second!
- The most popular Twitter topics of all time are:
- The broadcasting of “Castle in the Sky” in Japan.
- The end of Superbowl XLVI.
- Beyonce’s pregnancy announcement.
- The 2011 Women’s World Cup Final game.
- Steve Jobs’ resignation.
- The Japanese earthquake in 2011.