It is no secret that social media is taking the world by storm. At first it was simply used to communicate and catch up with friends.
Increasingly however, there are more and more benefits to using social media- advertising / marketing, reading product reviews, communicating with professors and coworkers and finding jobs.
An infographic (posted below) was recently published by MBAOnline.com that presents us with statistics on how many people are using social media to search for jobs, in what ways those people are using social media to find jobs and how effective social media is at landing new jobs.
- 16% of employees found their current job using social media (up from 11% in 2010).
- 90% of those seeking jobs have a social media profile.
- Over 36 million Americans say they landed their job by using either Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- 50% of job hunters last year used Facebook to look for a job.
- A higher percentage of males use social media for job hunting than females.
- Jobs found on LinkedIn pay significantly higher than those found on Facebook or Twitter.
Anson Alexander is a graduate from the University of Tampa with a degree in International Business and Information Systems.A previous IT Administrator for a medium size publication company, Anson has recently decided to work full time on his own business by publishing on AnsonAlex.com, publishing technology tutorials on YouTube and offering SEO, IT training and digital marketing services.His main interests include technology, social media, infographics, economics, marketing and web design.Connect with Anson on Google+.