In today’s fast-paced world it is not uncommon for us to become stressed out to unhealthy extremes. There are many things that are out of our control and we often feel vulnerable when we lose the handle on a situation.
“Look on the bright side…”
That is the first thing I say to myself when I am beginning to feel stressed out. I don’t even always know how the sentence will finish, but I always find something that will fit.
Often times you lose control of a situation and there is nothing you can do about it. Allowing yourself to become stressed out just magnifies the situation and begins the mental spiral downward.
Try a few of these suggestions instead:
- Get some physical exercise. <– Most effective solution!
- Think of the 5 most important people or things in your life.
- Think of the sun and everything it provides for us every day.
- Think of how beautiful and unique life is.
- Realize that without the bad times, the good times wouldn’t be so good.
- Think of the 5 things you are most proud of in your life.
There are many ways to deviate your mind away from stressful situations. The suggestions above are just the a basis to work off of.
The important thing to remember is that if you cannot control a situation then… you cannot control the situation.
Find a happy situation, life is too short to dwell on the unhappy ones.
I hope this made someones day just slightly better!