Along with the Facebook Timeline update, Facebook has also provided users with the opportunity to publish “public” status updates.
Although this is a really cool feature, you may want to closely monitor which of your Facebook posts have been posted publicly to ensure that you haven’t divulged certain information to the entire world that you did not mean to.
Fortunately, Facebook has provided an easy way to view your Facebook profile as a public user.
See also: How Facebook Timeline Will Change Lives
Steps to View Facebook Profile as a Public User:
- Navigate to your Facebook profile page.
- Click on the “gear icon” next to the Activity Log link.
- Click “View as…”
- Now take a look at the section that appears above your Timeline profile. Instead of entering a friend’s name in the text box, click on the link in the paragraph above that is labeled “public“.
- You can now view your entire Facebook profile as a public user would see it. This includes status updates, pictures, likes, etc.
- Alternatively you could enter a friend’s name into the text box and view your profile as another user.
- If you find that a lot of your posts are visible to the public you can follow my tutorial on how to make old post only visible to friends.
Anson Alexander is a graduate from the University of Tampa with a degree in International Business and Information Systems.A previous IT Administrator for a medium size publication company, Anson has recently decided to work full time on his own business by publishing on AnsonAlex.com, publishing technology tutorials on YouTube and offering SEO, IT training and digital marketing services.His main interests include technology, social media, infographics, economics, marketing and web design.Connect with Anson on Google+.