In case anyone missed it, a report of the “Top 10 Strategic Technologies for 2011” was released in October 2010. The report was conducted by Gartner, inc.- a leading technological research and consulting firm.
Taken from the full report on the Gartner website, the list is as follows:
- 1. Cloud Computing and Cloud Computing Security
- 2. Mobile Applications and Media Tablets
- 3. Social Communications and Collaboration
- 4. Video
- 5. Next Generation Analytics
- 6. Social Analytics
- 7. Context-Aware Computing
- 8. Storage Class Memory
- 9. Ubiquitous Computing
- 10. Fabric-Based Infrastructure and Computer
Without going into too much detail, here are some of the highlights:
- “Gartner estimates that by the end of 2010, 1.2 billion people will carry handsets capable of rich, mobile commerce providing an ideal environment for the convergence of mobility and the Web”
- “Gartner predicts that by 2016, social technologies will be integrated with most business applications.”
- “Gartner sees huge use of flash memory in consumer devices, entertainment equipment and other embedded IT systems.”
I also expect to see an increase in the amount of technologies that integrate technology with human biology such as these 6 great human and computer collaborations being worked on by Dell.
For more information view the full report on the Gartner website.