If you use Google Adsense, you probably know how to track the performance of each type of ad on your site. Did you know that you can also track the Adsense performance of each individual post, article or URL?
Knowing which of your articles are most profitable is important to improving your business so the individual URL performance tracking features of Google Adsense are definitely something worth setting up.
How To Track Performance by Individual URLs in Google Adsense
Before starting this tutorial, make sure you’ve built a sitemap of your website or blog and know what the web address of the sitemap is.
- While logged in to your Google Adsense account, click on the “Performance Reports” tab.
- In the navigation to the left, click “URL Channels”
- You can use the interface that appears to add individual URLs for Adsense performance tracking. Click “Add URLs to Track“.
- Copy and paste the URLs of the post(s) and/or article(s) that you would like to track into the box that pops up. This is where the sitemap comes in handy.
- Remember to add the URLs of newly published posts to keep the article performance tracking list up-to-date.
Once you’ve added the URLs, they will not appear in the list until they’ve had at least 1 advertisement impression. Although the process may seem a little tedious, if you continue to update your URL channel list, maintaining your individual post tracking in Google Adsense should only require minimal work and effort.
Anson Alexander is a graduate from the University of Tampa with a degree in International Business and Information Systems.A previous IT Administrator for a medium size publication company, Anson has recently decided to work full time on his own business by publishing on AnsonAlex.com, publishing technology tutorials on YouTube and offering SEO, IT training and digital marketing services.His main interests include technology, social media, infographics, economics, marketing and web design.Connect with Anson on Google+.