If you use Google Adsense, you probably know how to track the performance of each type of ad on your site. Did you know that you can also track the Adsense performance of each individual post, article or URL?
Knowing which of your articles are most profitable is important to improving your business so the individual URL performance tracking features of Google Adsense are definitely something worth setting up.
How To Track Performance by Individual URLs in Google Adsense
Before starting this tutorial, make sure you’ve built a sitemap of your website or blog and know what the web address of the sitemap is.
- While logged in to your Google Adsense account, click on the “Performance Reports” tab.
- In the navigation to the left, click “URL Channels”
- You can use the interface that appears to add individual URLs for Adsense performance tracking. Click “Add URLs to Track“.
- Copy and paste the URLs of the post(s) and/or article(s) that you would like to track into the box that pops up. This is where the sitemap comes in handy.
- Remember to add the URLs of newly published posts to keep the article performance tracking list up-to-date.
Once you’ve added the URLs, they will not appear in the list until they’ve had at least 1 advertisement impression. Although the process may seem a little tedious, if you continue to update your URL channel list, maintaining your individual post tracking in Google Adsense should only require minimal work and effort.
Anson has been publishing to AnsonAlex.com since early 2011 and has recently opened an AnsonAlex.com headquarters office to focus on the brand full time.
Anson specializes in providing software and technology tutorials in both print and video format. With hundreds of tutorials published on AnsonAlex.com, Anson has also authored and recorded a course for Lynda.com as well as other media companies.
Anson has a degree in International Business and Information Systems from the University of Tampa and also enjoys enjoys traveling and gaming.
Please send business inquires to webmaster@AnsonAlex.com
Also connect with Anson on Google+.