If you’ve played a game on Facebook recently you’ve probably noticed that, on the right side of your screen, Facebook displays which of your friends have played games recently, what game they played and exactly how many hours ago they played the game.
Although the feature may seem kind of cool at first, it probably didn’t take you long to realize that, if Facebook is telling you which of your friends are playing a game, then it is probably telling your friends that you’re playing a game.
Unless you disable the feature, then you’re right, Facebook is telling the world what game you’re playing and when you’ve played it.
There are many reasons that you would want to hide your “gaming status” from your Facebook friends.
Unfortunately, you cannot click one button to disable Facebook from doing this in all of your games. You can however, disable the feature for each individual game you play.
How to Disable Facebook From Displaying What Game You’re Playing:
- Log into the Facebook game you would like to disable the feature for.
- Find your name at the top of the list of friends and what game(s) they’re playing on the right side of your screen.
- Click on the “X” at the top right corner of the box displaying the game that you’re playing.
- Click “Don’t Publish ‘Name of Game‘ Posts“.
- Continue playing your Facebook game in privacy!