The following Apple store sales statistics are almost unheard of in the retail industry and the numbers will blow you away!
In 2011, Apple Store’s averaged $5,647 in sales per square foot of retail space – no other retail store comes even close to that figure.
An infographic (posted below) was recently published by OnlineMBA.com that provides us with a slew of Apple Store sales statistics that more than justify Steve Jobs’ decision to open the first Apple Store in 2000.
Apple Store Sales Statistics Highlights:
- There are 363 Apple Stores worldwide.
- Each Apple Store generates an average of $49 million annually.
- Apple generates nearly $18 billion from their retail stores annually.
- Apple earned more revenue per square foot of retail space than any other United States retailer in 2011 – the next closest, not even half profitable as Apple, was Tiffany & Co.
- While US retail sales grew only about 2% in 2011, Apple Store retail sales grew by 38%.
- In March of 2012, 83 million people visited Apple Stores.
- Since 2000, over 1 billion people have visited Apple Store.
- 71% of Apple’s 42,000 employees worldwide work in the retail sector.
- Apple earns approximately $420,000 per retail employee.