Internet marketing is an industry that is in constant change due to fluctuations in consumer preferences and advances in ecommerce technologies.
Due to this constant change in digital marketing trends, it is important for online marketers to look at industry statistics related to internet maketing to make sure that their organization is implementing the most effective internet marketing strategies possible.
See Also: How Online Retail Works [Infographic]
Internet Marketing Statistics 2012 Infographic Highlights:
- 44% of online retailers are investing in additional mobile technologies.
- There was a 400% increase in mobile searches in 2011.
- Consumers are using multiple devices on a daily basis depending on the time of day and their current location.
- 70% of social network users also shop online.
- Over 50% of consumers who visit online stores are logged in to their Facebook account.
- Internet marketers plan to heavily integrate social media and email in 2012.
- Conversion rates are 105% higher when consumers interact with reviews and ratings.
- 63% of social media users list social media as their preferred medium for product information and promotions.
- 76% of retailers who implemented internet analytics in 2011 reported positive results.