Pinterest has shocked the social media world by growing to one of the most popular social sharing platforms in a very short period of time.
In order to understand how Pinterest has been able to attract so much attention, it helps to take a look at the usage statistics of Pinterest and identify who Pinterest’s users are, what they’re using the service for and how often they’re using Pinterest.
See Also: Social Media Usage Statistics 2012 [Infographic]
Recently, an infographic (posted below) was recently published by The Huffington Post that provides us with a slew of user statistics regarding Pinterest.
Pinterst Usage Statistics Infographic Highlights:
- Pinterest users spend an average of almost 16 minutes on the site per visit (12.1 for Facebook).
- 50% of Pinterest users have children.
- Almost 70% of Pinterest users are female.
- 97% of Pinterest’s Facebook fans are women.
- As of January 2012, Pinterest had received just under 12 million unique visits.
- Pinterest receives almost 1.5 million visitors each day.
- Pinterest provides more referral traffic to other sites than Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn combined.
Click Infographic to Enlarge
Anson Alexander is a graduate from the University of Tampa with a degree in International Business and Information Systems.A previous IT Administrator for a medium size publication company, Anson has recently decided to work full time on his own business by publishing on AnsonAlex.com, publishing technology tutorials on YouTube and offering SEO, IT training and digital marketing services.His main interests include technology, social media, infographics, economics, marketing and web design.Connect with Anson on Google+.