If you’re one of my regular readers then you know that I absolutely love statistics and facts – especially when they’re related to computers or technology.
See also: Apple iPhone Evolution [Infographic]
The facts mentioned in the infographic range in topics from the history of the computers to statistics on human use of computers.
12 Interesting Computer Facts:
- Over 6,000 new computer viruses are released every month.
- The first computer mouse, constructed in 1964, was made out of wood.
- The average human being blinks 20 times a minute – but only 7 times a minute when using a computer.
- The first electro-mechanical computer was developed in 1939.
- By the end of 2012 there will be 17 billion devices connected to the internet.
- 5 out of every 6 internet pages are porn related.
- Over 1 million domain names are registered every month.
- With it’s 800 million interent users, Facebook would be the third largest country in the World.
- The first hard drive was created in 1979 and could hold 5MB of data.
- The nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra video card contains 222 million transistors.
- 20% of online viruses are released by organized crime units.
- The engineers who developed the IBM PC were known as “The Dirty Dozen”.