It is no secret that, since the release of the first Apple iPhone in 2007 to the release of the iPhone 4S in 2011, the smartphone industry has changed tremendously – along with communication in modern society.
That being said, it is hard to believe just how far the iPhone has evolved in just the past 5 years. A timeline of the iPhone’s evolution (posted below) was recently published by toptienmobiel.nl that presents a lot of information regarding the evolution of the iPhone, the technologies used to create the iPhone, the number of applications available for the iPhone and the number of iPhone users.
- When the first iPhone was released in 2007, there were no apps yet available to download.
- By 2011, there were over 400,000 apps available for download.
- Apple sold 700,000 original iPhone devices on the first weekend it was released in 2007.
- Apple sold 4 million iPhone 4S devices on the first weekend it was released in 2011.
- The iPhone 4S is available in over 70 countries worldwide.