What effects come from sleeping next to your cell phone or iPhone?
In addition to concerns over radiation via radio waves, statistics also show that sleeping next to mobile devices can have a negative impact on your sleeping patterns.
Effects of Sleeping Next to Your Cell Phone Infographic Highlights:
- Over 75% of people the United States are connected to the internet via a mobile device.
- 33% of smartphone owners would rather give up sex than their smartphones.
- 95% of survey respondents claim that they use a technological device (smartphone, laptop, television, etc) in the hour before they go to bed.
- 90% of 18 to 29 year olds sleep with their phone right next to their bed.
- 1 in 10 survey respondents claim that they are awakened a few times a week by their cell phones.
- 50% of those that sleep with their phones next to them claim that the they check their phone when awaking the middle of the night.
- 63% of respondents that use gadgets right before bed claim that their sleep needs were not met.
- A two-hour exposure to light from electronic displays suppresses melatonin (a sleep promoting chemical) by 22%.
- Late night computer use is associated with sleeping disorders, stress and depressive symptoms.