Many iPhone users are frustrated with the new “Press Home to Open” feature in iOS 10.
This feature can be disabled, although users will lose some functionality of iOS 10 by doing this.
To disable “Press Home to Open” on iOS 10:
- Navigate to your iPhone settings.
- Tap on the “General” section
- Tap on the “Accessibility” section
- Tap on the “Home Button” section
- Disable the “Rest Finger to Open” option
As mentioned above, some features of iOS 10 will no longer be available after disabling this feature.
Primarily, users will no longer have access to notifications on the locked screen of the iPhone and will have to access notifications by pulling down the notifications dropdown after unlocking the phone.