The above video tutorial shows users how to optimize their iPhones and iPads for battery life after upgrading to iOS 10.
The following topics are shown in the tutorial:
- Discussion of what apps are most battery intensive.
- How to view your current battery usage.
- How to check control center for battery optimization.
- How to optimize accessibility options for battery performance.
- How to check which apps are refreshing in the background.
- How to optimize iOS location services for battery performance.
- How to modify your auto-lock settings.
- How to check if mail accounts are fetching too often and draining battery.
- A discussion of how and when to use airplane mode to save battery power.
It is important to note that whenever a new update is released there may be certain features that cause a device’s battery to drain faster. Not all of those features will be accessible to the end-user so you may have to contact Apple if you’re still experiencing problems after optimizing your device for battery life.