Online dating statistics provide very clear evidence that the digital dating trend is still on the rise.
The real question remains however: “Does online dating really work?”
The best way to answer this question is to take a broad look at online dating statistics and see how successful others have been in beginning romantic relationships online.
Update: Online Dating Statistics for 2013 [Infographic]
An infographic (posted below) was recently published by MBAPrograms.org that provides some very interesting statistics in regards to online dating.
Online Dating Statistics 2012 Infographic Highlights:
- Both women and men tend to lie about their physical appearance on online dating sites.
- The online dating industry has gone from a $900 million industry in 2007 to a $1.9 billion industry in 2012.
- Couples who meet online and later get married date for an average of 18.5 months before getting married – married couples who met offline date for an average of 40 months before tying the knot.
- ZOOSK is the most popular online dating site with over 50 million visitors per month.
- Since 2006, about 17% of married couples have met by using an online dating site.
Easily add this infographic to your blog or website using the embed code below:
View more infographics from AnsonAlex.com.
Anson has been publishing to AnsonAlex.com since early 2011 and has recently opened an AnsonAlex.com headquarters office to focus on the brand full time.
Anson specializes in providing software and technology tutorials in both print and video format. With hundreds of tutorials published on AnsonAlex.com, Anson has also authored and recorded a course for Lynda.com as well as other media companies.
Anson has a degree in International Business and Information Systems from the University of Tampa and also enjoys enjoys traveling and gaming.
Please send business inquires to webmaster@AnsonAlex.com
Also connect with Anson on Google+.