The “Sharing Calendars in Google Apps” video tutorial below is part 3 of a multipart series on using Google Calendar in 2013.
This video shows users how to share a calendar with another user, specify the privileges that the user will have when interacting with the shared calendar and how to create events on a shared Google Calendar.
Sharing calendars in Google Calendar can be beneficial for a number of situations – both personal and business related.
The example shown in the video below is of sharing a company events calendar with other employees in the organization so that everyone can see upcoming organizational events without having to individually invite each users to a particular events.
Google Apps users can also share Google Calendars with other Google users that are outside of their particular organization.
As part of this video, a detailed explanation of working with multiple calendars at once is also presented.
As more videos in the Google Calendar tutorial series are published they will be linked below!
Working with Shared Calendars in Google Calendar Tutorial Topics:
- Creating a new shared calendar in Google Calendar
- Specifying permissions that users will have on the shared calendar
- Hiding, displaying and working with multiple calendar in Google Calendar
- Creating events on a shared calendar in Google Calendar
- A specific example of sharing Google calendars in Google Apps
- An overview of how shared Google Calendars can be useful
I do not work for Google, nor was I compensated for the production of this video series. I am simply a Google Calendar user (both personally and professionally) that would like to share my knowledge and insight with others to help provide a more seamless transition to Google Calendar.