The above 2012 Gmail overview tutorial for beginners covers the basics of using Gmail.
A lot of information is covered in the tutorial so remember that you can always pause, rewind and fast-forward.
See also: 2012 Google Docs Tutorial [Video]
If you have any additional questions that are not covered in tutorial, ask them in the comments section below and I will try to answer them as best as possible.
Specific areas covered include:
- Navigating within your Gmail account
- Archiving messages in Gmail.
- Accessing your Gmail settings.
- Setting up your Gmail signature.
- Composing messages in Gmail.
- Receiving messages in Gmail.
- Working with labels in Gmail.
- Creating custom labels in Gmail.